When it comes to public relations, it is no longer enough to publish in traditional media; now companies seek to have a presence in digital channels and platforms, so the design of effective communication strategies is going through a disruptive moment.
According to the Ecommerce Growth: Latin America 2021 report, by Semrush, for every 100 visits to websites, 25 come from a Google search, 9 come from paid traffic and 12 from referrals. In turn, organic searches remain an important source of traffic for any organization.
This is why at MileniumGroup, as a specialized Pr and communication agency, we design PR strategies based on SEO Points, a set of key practices to position a brand in search engines using techniques such as Guest Blogging, Link Building, Keyword Research, among others.
How to Implement SEO Points
Design your content strategy
To implement PR SEO, start by designing a content strategy based on key terms; that is, define which of the most relevant terms for your business have the highest traffic potential and register the highest search volumes by users in the country of your interest.
Once you have them, start writing articles including them. But, above all, check that the content interests your audience; to achieve this, think about what they are looking for or what catches their attention and create your content around these topics.
Map the sites of interest
One of the keys to having an excellent positioning through SEO Points is to publish on those sites that perform the best; to achieve this you must analyze the authority they have. This is possible with tools such as Semrush, Ahrefs, or Ubersuggest.
This is where PR comes in, since you will have to research the media and plan which you want to reach. To do this, read their publications and make sure that their editorial style matches your interests; keep in mind that they are opinion leaders, and as you publish there, your content builds authority and is better acknowledged by your audience.
Use longtail keywords
It is strategic to include “longtail keywords” in the articles or content you publish because those are the keywords that will lead readers to your site; so, if you write about tourism including a phrase like “best destinations you can find on tripadvisor.com”, you have to make sure that they link directly to your page.
It is advisable that these phrases feel natural amid the text, that they are not forced into it, and, most importantly, that the information in the article makes sense with your page; otherwise, you will lose the reader’s trust.
Keeping up with the media is key to PR SEO. It is about approaching editors or bloggers to present your company’s editorial content and convince them to publish your articles.
This is a task that will challenge your negotiation and persuasion skills, which well applied will lead you to the publication of your content, without the need to invest in a commercial guideline. You could agree on a content exchange, i.e., you publish on their site and you make room for their content on yours.
How do we do it?
At MileniumGroup, for example, we designed a positioning strategy for the Linio Marketplace based on SEO Points. For this communications strategy, we created editorial content and reached out to digital media to include, in their content, key information about the marketplace.
What were the results? For each published article, we achieved 60% of longtail product links; meanwhile, we got the remaining 40% by mentioning Linio’s home page, so readers already knew where to look up the referred products.
The strategy was conceived from the fact that Linio wanted to prioritize building a presence in digital media than in traditional media, such as newspapers. Our goal was that every editorial content, deployed on a web page, would be hyperlinked to the marketplace.
Visibility through alliances
At MileniumGroup we also believe that creating alliances with communities of bloggers, influencers, and civil or educational organizations is an effective way to create quality content for brands’ relevance through digital communication and public relations strategies.
Getting these Internet-native groups to talk about brands creates additional value. Clicks from external pages generate authority in the eyes of customers, strengthen the companies’ voice, and gives them relevance in digital communication.
About 90% of the PR actions we do at MileniumGroup reaches dot com sites, which means that we know how to position a brand before public opinion in on the digital ecosystem; this ends up in a 20% direct link to our client’s website. In addition, we have a team of experts capable of developing SEO strategies, understanding and addressing the needs of our clients to appear in more and more digital conversations.
If you seek to successfully implement digital PR and communication strategies for your brand to gain visibility in the digital environment, contact us.